What medicines come as a pack in this Abortion Pill Pack?
This abortion pill pack contains a bunch of medicines together. One pill of Mifepristone 200 mg, four pills of misoprostol 200 mcg each, 1 pill of Ondansetron and Zofran that is of 4 mg, a single pill of Flexon-MR that is of 250 mg and last but not the least a single pill of ethamsylate which is of 250 mg.
How do the medications of this pill pack work?
The mifepristone pill or the anti-progestin pill stalls the production of hormone called the progesterone in the uterus. This hormone is also known as the building hormone as this hormone helps the growth in pregnancy and it also helps to maintain the pregnancy. Once this hormone is blocked the entire pregnancy process halts and the fetus detaches from the placenta.
The Misoprostol pill is the synthetic prostaglandin which imitates the hormone that is responsible for creating contractions during delivery of a baby. This pill dissolves and dilutes entire tissue as well as the endometrial. The cervix dilates and widens and the entire endometrial tissue is flushed out through vaginal discharge which is bleeding.
Ondansetron or Zofran – This pill is anti-emetic drug that is effective against vomiting and nausea which is experienced as a side effect during the abortion. It Antiemetics medication are typically used to treat nausea caused due to motion sickness and the side effects of opioid analgesics, general anesthetics, and chemotherapy directed against cancer.. This also prevents the abortion pills from flushing out of the body while vomiting.
Flexon-MR – This pill is an anti-inflammatory pill that controls excessive pain and fever experienced during the abortion process. This pain killer is actually a blessing to people who undergo medical abortion as one can have a painless abortion.
Ethamsylate – This is a blood coagulant medicine, which stops excessive bleeding which may occur. Bleeding during an abortion is a normal phenomenon as the embryo needs to be expelled but in few cases the bleeding may increase than the regular volume and then this pill comes very handy.
How to take the dose of this pill?
1. You start the abortion procedure with the first pill that is the Mifepristone pill that is required to be taken orally with a glass of water.
2. 24 to 48 hours later you have to take the Misoprostol pills. Start with 2 pills of Misoprostol where you should keep them under the tongue so that the pills can dissolve in your mouth or in the cheeks between the cheek and gums.
3. 3 hours later take the remaining pills of misoprostol in the same way by keeping it under the tongue or in the cheeks between the cheek and gums.
4. You can take the Zofran or Ondansetron pill just before taking the misoprostol pill so that it controls the vomiting and you do not throw up the pills out within half an hour.
5. Flexon-MR can be taken to control the cramping, as soon as the abdominal cramps start. You can take this medicine when you start getting a tingling pain in the stomach or feeling a being feverish.
6. As soon as you see your bleeding has increased you can take ethamsylate so that the bleeding is controlled and excessive bleeding can be prevented.
By now you are aware of all the side-effects that you may face which are vaginal bleeding, nausea, vomiting with fever and stomach cramps which can be easily handled with the help of the secondary pills pack along with this kit. You may also experience diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders during this time because of the synthetic hormone postglandalin.
Issue of infection and Sepsis – there has been no causal relationship between the inflectional Sepsis with the usage of abortion pills such as mifepristone and misoprostol. Moreover with this pill pack there are chances which are rare of pelvic tenderness, severe abdominal pain even after the intake of the inflammation pill should be reported at the earliest.
What are the precautionary steps before you buy abortion pill pack?
If you contemplate to terminate pregnancy with the help of Abortion Pill Pack then you should first get an ultrasound done and your pregnancy type confirmed as the uterine pregnancy as these abortion pills do not work in ectopic pregnancy.
You should have an abortion at home only if you are at-least 18 years of age or above and below 35 years. If you do not fall into this age group category, then you should not risk of getting the abortion done at home and rather seek doctor’s help.
If you have any past history of intrauterine disorders, cardiovascular problems, or problem of intense anemia or any liver disease then you should avoid this procedure and visit a doctor for proper abortion method as prescribed by the doctor.
Make sure to remove any contraceptives or IUD device if installed, before the abortion as this may increase your pelvic pain.